Rotary Discharger for Flat Bottom Circular Silos
The Hydraulic Rotor discharger creates ‘mass flow’ for non free-flowing and difficult to handle materials on a ‘first in, first out’ basis and are used widely in the Particle Board and Power industries.
Several hundreds of these systems are in operation world-wide and are characterized by their ability to provide unequalled performance and reliability in operation.
First the rotor is set rotating by a planetary gear drive unit whereby the rotor arms, in order to keep the starting moment low, first remain pressure-free and retracted.
After a short time the rotor arms are driven out hydraulically and brought to the working pressure. The rotor arms then begin to open and cut their way through the material towards the bunker wall. They bring the loosened material over the discharge openings, fall chutes or other discharging devices in the bunker floor.
This action causes the column of material in the bunker to be broken down and flow into the discharge screws. If the resistance of the material is temporarily greater than the set working pressure, the rotor arms can retract as necessary under the control of the pressure limit valve. The requirement for mechanical overload is excluded.
Up to 130m3/hr (dependant on material and application)
- Diameters 2.5 to 11m
- Silo capacities 5 to 2,500m³
- Effective and simple operation
- Uniform drawdown of material on “first in, first out” principle
- Largest size discharge openings possible
- Accurate discharge and metering of stored material on demand
- Enclosed lidded design – no odour
- External maintenance possible – even with the silo full.
- Sliding frame moves only required loose materials resulting in
- Low power usage –
- Low maintenance costs –
- Flat bottom silos – more economical to manufacture /maximized storage