Saxlund Solids Pumps
The Solids Pumps from Saxlund International have been reliably conveying all types of sludge cake for many years. Transporting sludge cake in closed systems keeps it separate from its surroundings and the environment. Unpleasant odours are now a thing of the past. Even problem sludge cakes can be pumped without risk. Our many years of experience are your guarantee of maximum reliability, even when pumping over long distances or 24h a day.
- Cost-effective modular system
- Vertical or horizontal versions as required
- Hydraulic seals means lower wear
- Optional pump arrangements give compact design
- Wear indicator
- Easily extended by adding extra pump units in parallel
- Valves easily exchanged due to top-entry design
- Upstream twin-shaft screw for optimum filling ratio
From wastewater to centrifuge sludge, Saxlund solids pumps pump almost all sludges from municipal or industrial wastewater.
- No pulsation damper required
- The pump In operating without Jerk and silent. The pipeline is shock free.
- There is no backflow loss as with a valveless pump, i.e. energy consumption is lower.
- The dosing accuracy of the pump is optimal as no backflow lack is arising.
- Low wear as the valve sealing surfaces do not slide under pressure on each other.
- No central grease lubrication required.
- The modular design makes emergency operation possible by changing from two to one-cylinder drive mode.
- Pressure range: 40…100 bar
- Flow rate: 1…50 m³/h
- Piston diameter: 180/250/300 mm
- Stroke: 500…2000 mm
- Foreign parts up to 200 mm
- Dry Solids Content up to 45 % (depends on the flow behaviour of the material to be pumped). If your products exceed these limits we’ll find a solution!
The maintenance effort is kept as low as possible:
- No disassembly of suction and discharge lines necessary.
- Replacement of wearing parts is possible without much effort and without specialist personnel.
- Optional demountable delivery pistons with easily replaceable standard seals or one-piece pistons with integrated seal.
Saxlund has two different sewage sludge conveying systems available, which in conjunction with our numerous types of pumps, serve all arrangements and scenarios. Depending on the requirement in the case of sewage sludges with low dry solids contents, the product can be fed via an agitating hopper, otherwise by a pre-press screw. The pre-compression unit basically consists of two worm screws rotating in opposite directions. These compress the material to be conveyed before it reaches the pump and so ensure an optimum filling ratio. Furthermore, the dual screws are arranged such that a self-cleaning effect is achieved.
All Saxlund International Solids Pumps are driven hydraulically. This enables the hydraulic power pack to be conveniently located away from the pump, if required. To guarantee economic operation, Saxlund can offer you a large choice of hydraulic units. Whether you are driving just one Pump or wish to provide drive power for a complete system, Saxlund International can supply the right drive to meet your needs exactly.
The inclusion of an oversized material strainer is recommended in order to protect downstream apparatus from oversized solid matter. The cleaning intervals are indicated by measuring the differential pressure between the inlet and outlet ports. And cleaning is no problem either, owing to the simple construction of the strainer.
To reduce the friction losses when pumping particularly cohesive or highly viscous products, the Saxlund range includes a boundary layer injection station. The injection of polymers with high molecular weight creates an artificial lubricating film between the inside wall of the pipe and the material being pumped.
Therefore, for the same Pumping distance, a pump with more favourable energy requirements can be used.