This document describes how Saxlund International, the data controller, collects, uses and protects your information.
How we collect your information
The information we hold about you comes from the way you engage with us such as if you enquire about our products or services, place an order or sign a contract with us, become a customer or a supplier. We collect information online through our website, via email, the post, over the phone or from discussions or meetings with you. We also collect information supplied by you in the course of our business transactions and from our business development activities.
The type of information we hold
The information we hold includes your name, business address, email address, telephone number and where we have had a contract your transactional history.
How we use your information
We process your information for the following lawful reasons:
- Where you have ordered goods and services from us or we have a contract with you we process your personal information to fulfil the contract.
- We process your personal information for the legitimate interest to provide you with the information you requested and as part of preparing for a contract or a sale.
- We process your information for the legitimate interest of sending you marketing information about our products and services or to invite you to events. We do this as it is necessary we promote our business to customers and potential customers, but we will always offer you the right to opt-out of future communications.
Who we will share your information with
We will not sell or swap your information with any third party. We will however share your information with:
- Our suppliers in the supply chain who are involved in delivering services.
- Our suppliers who manage our web services and IT Services.
Our suppliers are bound by EU privacy law and the terms of the contracts include the enhanced General Data Protection Regulation terms and clauses.
Storing your information
Your personal information will be stored on systems owned or operated by Saxlund International or those of our specific suppliers and will only be stored inside the European Economic Area (EEA), or a country approved by the EU.
We will retain your personal information in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements. In the case of project or contract related information, we must retain your information for 7 years after the end of the contract. For certain products and services, we must retain contracts and project related information for longer to comply with regulations and in these cases the information is retained for 10 years.
For general business contacts we will only retain your information while we are actively engaged with you. Where we have had no interaction with you for a period of 3 years we will delete your data.
How you can access your information If you would like a copy of your information we hold about you, please email email@example.com
You have the right to:
- object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress;
- have inaccurate personal data rectified;
- request your information to be deleted or destroyed and if we can we will but sometimes we must maintain some records for legal reasons
If you are not happy with how we are using your information or how we have responded to your request, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk.
How we will tell you about future changes to this Privacy Notice
Any changes we make to our Privacy Notice will be put on our website. Please check for updates from time to time, so you are always fully aware of what information is collected and how it is used.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SAX 41_Privacy Notice
Dated: 25th May 2018