Saxlund International Limited

Innovative solutions for Bulk Materials handling and Biomass Combustion
Biomass Combustion

Biomass Combustion

Combustion Grate

 
 
 
 
 

News


Jun 4, 2009

Opcon acquires 100 % of Saxlund Holdings


Opcon AB, the energy and environmental technology Group, has acquired 100% of Saxlund Holding AB.
Category: Company News
Posted by: admin
Opcon AB, the energy and environmental technology Group, has acquired 100% of Saxlund Holding AB, which is one of Northern Europe’s leading suppliers of equipment for bioenergy plants. In addition to the 75% that Opcon earlier signed a letter of intent to acquire, Opcon has now acquired the remaining 25%.

The acquisition is being made to further strengthen Opcon’s expanding Renewable Energy business area with an internationally strong project organisation and a well-established customer and supplier network, especially in Europe, but also on other markets such as the Middle East and China. The move also reinforces Opcon’s position within bioenergy and means that Opcon can offer customers more comprehensive solutions.

Saxlund currently has a very strong position not least in the Nordic region, where the company has done business for over 40 years. The Group operates with subsidiaries on the fast-growing German and UK markets, which feature high electricity prices, a rising environmental awareness, mandatory legislation and subsidies for renewable energy production. The Group is also represented in other countries via 25 partners. In addition to activities within bioenergy, Saxlund supplies equipment for sludge, slag, ash and waste handling.

For the full press release click here.

To visit Opcon AB's website, please click here.